You have an idea for a video, but you can’t get it over the line with your boss. Well … we’re here to help!
(Download your pdf cheat sheet here)
Here are some facts and figures to let the powers-that-be in your organisation know why you should be including video in your content and marketing strategy in 2018; why, in fact, video should be right ‘up there’, front and centre, in your marketing toolkit.
We’ve scoured the web so that you don’t have to.
According to WordStream, one of Google’s Premier Partners:
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users; that’s almost one in three of all internet users
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube every day
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major US television networks have created in 30 years
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women
Some more video marketing statistics …
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device
- Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
… and what about marketing engagement?
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best return on investment
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
And if all of that doesn’t convince you, here are some more statistics, gathered from around the net:
- Facebook generates 8 billion video views on average per day (Source: Social Media Today). That’s more than there are humans on the planet.
- YouTube reports that mobile video consumption rises 100% every year (Source: Hubspot).
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: Digital Information World).
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others (Source: RendrFx).
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process (Source: Hubspot).
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined (Source: SmallBizTrends).
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts (Source: Social Media Today).
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80% (Source: Unbounce).
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online (Source: Hubspot).
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (Source: SmallBizTrends).
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch video (Source: Digital Information World).
- Video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates (Source: Hubspot).
- A whopping 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days (Source: Hubspot).
So —- are you truly convinced? Shouldn’t you be taking the next step?
As I said right up front, we, at The Jasper Picture Company, really are here to help. If you need to contact me, you can email me at email@example.com or call me on 0467 092 907. I would be more than happy to help you to put together a no obligation pitch to your boss to help you get your idea over the line.
In order to help you get your idea over the line with your boss I have made up a printable ‘cheat sheet’ that collates some of this information onto one pdf sheet. You can download it here.