Sometimes, ideas are driven by the need just to create something. We believe that this is the wrong approach; that, in fact, videos should be targeted at solving a problem, be that driving more sales, raising awareness or attracting new staff. The list is endless.
Knowing your ideal client (your audience) and your brand is essential when coming up with a great video idea, and the following information should assist you to develop an idea that ticks the boxes and delivers the goods. Firstly, however, let’s look at ‘Why are we doing this?’
The Importance of Having a Good Video Production Idea
- A good video production idea captures the attention of your audience, draws them in, and keeps them engaged. It can make your video stand out and increase its chances of being viewed and shared.
- A good video production idea has a strong narrative structure that tells a compelling story that your audience can connect with.
- A good video production idea showcases your creativity and originality. It can help your brand stand out as innovative and forward-thinking, which can be a powerful tool in today’s crowded marketplace.
- A good video production idea can enhance the perception of your brand in the eyes of your target audience. It can help you build trust, credibility, and a loyal following.
- A good video production idea can drive engagement with your brand, product, or message. It can encourage your audience to like, comment, share, and subscribe, which helps build a strong community and grow your online presence.
A good video production idea is essential for creating impactful and effective video content that resonates with your target audience and helps you achieve your marketing and business goals.
How to Identify What Video Idea Will Work
To identify what video production idea will work, it’s important to start by understanding your audience and their preferences. Here are some key steps you can take:
- Define Your Audience: Start by identifying your target audience and understanding their demographics, interests, and behaviours. This will help you tailor your video production idea to their preferences and needs.
- Conduct Market Research: Conduct market research to identify current trends, popular topics, and gaps in the market. This will help you identify opportunities for creating content that will resonate with your audience.
- Analyse Competitors: Analyse your competitors’ video content to identify what works well and what could be improved. This will help you understand what your audience is responding to and identify opportunities to help your brand stand out.
- Survey Your Audience: Conduct surveys, focus groups, or interviews with your audience to gather feedback on potential video production ideas. This will help you understand their needs, preferences, and pain points and identify content ideas that will resonate with them.
- Test and Iterate: Test your video production ideas with a small audience group to gauge their response. Use this feedback to iterate and improve your content until you find an idea that resonates with your audience.
By following these steps, you can identify a video production idea that will work for your brand and your audience and create video content that is engaging, impactful, and effective.
Brainstorming Techniques: How to Generate Creative Video Ideas.
Generating good video ideas requires creativity, brainstorming, and a deep understanding of your audience and brand. Here are some steps you can take to generate good video ideas:
- Start by brainstorming potential video ideas. Write down every idea that comes to mind, even if they seem outlandish or weird. There are no bad ideas in this stage of the process. Try to generate as many ideas as possible.
- Look for themes or topics that emerge from your brainstorming session. Identify the themes that resonate most with your brand and your audience.
- Conduct research to identify current trends, popular topics, and gaps in the market. This will help you identify opportunities for creating content that will resonate with your audience. Apps like BuzzSumo can help you with this task.
- Collaborate with colleagues, team members, or your video production company to generate new ideas and get feedback on potential video ideas.
- Use humour, emotion, or storytelling to make your video stand out. Don’t be afraid to take risks or try new things. Try to make your audience feel something. Anything!
- Don’t get too complicated with your video idea. Keep it simple and focused on a core message or theme.
- Test your video ideas with a small audience and gather feedback. Use this to rework and improve your ideas until you find one that resonates with your audience.
Following these steps, you can generate good video ideas that resonate with your audience, showcase your creativity, and help you achieve your marketing and business goals.
JPC has worked in the Melbourne video production industry with not-for-profits, businesses and government organisations since 2014. We have been helping organisations with their ideas and the techniques to get the best out of their ideas.
If you are struggling with your ideas or your previous videos aren’t performing as well as you think they should be, then get in touch. There is also our Free Video Review that takes a look at your current video library and gives positive feedback to optimise the impact. We also give you five video ideas to take home and do with what you will to achieve your video and marketing goals.