It’s hard to appreciate just how much our online world is booming. Sure, everything’s online now, helped partly thanks to COVID forcing us to Zoom and e-shop to meet our needs. But behind those websites is an analytical army that turns every click, hover and comment into a measurement. And some of those measurements are mind-boggling. Internet denizens are soaking up as much video content as they can get, often in as short snippets as they can find.
Whether it’s the increase in videos, the rise of short-form clips, and the impact of the Tiktok juggernaut on video advertising, the online ad world is growing every year. And with video taking the online world by storm, we at the Jasper Picture Company are taking the latest video marketing stats as seriously as anyone. It’s pretty clear to us that videos are the winners of online marketing, both this year and in the last three or four, but what exactly are we looking at here?
So, without further ado, here are 12 important video marketing statistics for 2021.
The rise of video
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week, which is a 52% increase in the last two years.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
It looks like we’re living in a post-writing world, folks. Well, maybe not yet, but it certainly seems that way looking at these numbers. The proliferation of mobile video apps, be they standalone platforms like Tiktok or built-in networks like Instagram Live mean it’s not all that surprising that video is the king of 2021. What’s interesting is that video consumption has increased despite the average length of videos declining. More content, more variety, more watching. It remains to be seen if images and text can claw their way back.
For the good of consumers and creators alike
- 68% of consumers prefer watching videos to learn about new products or services, as compared to articles, infographics, e-books, and presentations
- Consumers who end up on an e-commerce site through a user-generated video are 184% more likely to purchase and spend 45% more.
- 86% of people would like to see more videos from brands.
It’s not just those who are bored with an internet connection that are benefitting from this. Taking up filmed content is no longer just for online ads, it’s also for instructional videos, for website introductions, and for learning about the team behind the product or service. Marketing videos are attracting more views and more interactions than ever before. This has put consumable video content at the forefront of online marketing. Which, post-covid, is most marketing. Consumers are using videos for not just entertainment but for information, advice, and for a far wider variety of products than before.
Video marketers are winning
- Marketers who incorporate video into their campaigns experience 34% higher conversion rates
- 84% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads.
- 87% of video marketers report that video gives them a positive ROI (return on investment).
It’s no wonder that content is being pushed out the door so quickly when it’s returning such solid numbers. We’re in an age of an advertising arms race – or less dramatically, a new trend – that’s seeking to take the rewards of an audience that is willing and growing. Video marketing is clearly working for businesses, and online film production is driving strong satisfaction for marketing teams around the globe.
One of those businesses, Jasper Picture Company, is committed to creating high-quality video content to serve your needs. Check out our packages on our website to discover more about what we can do for you, and how you can take advantage of our online video marketing experience. Plus, you’ll keep learning more about the latest industry trends (and the occasional lockdown film list)!
Facebook video marketing is a phenomenon
- Facebook video ad conversion rates are highest for videos 16-20 seconds in duration
- 84% of video marketers are using Facebook as one of their main video marketing channels.
- Facebook Watch has a global daily user base of 140 million, who spend an average of 26 minutes per day watching video
Last but not least, we’ll take a look at some Facebook-specific details. Firstly, the fact that 16-20 second videos had a higher rate shows that while the old days of minute-long ads seem resigned to history, ads don’t have to be under 5 seconds like they are with other platforms. Making sure that companies are using Facebook is also key, as the vast majority of businesses already are. If you can’t beat them, ‘friend’ them and see if you can advertise to their market. But the rise of Facebook Watch is most surprising, as a very recent feature of Facebook with fierce competition from other platforms.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started today and find out how video is key to your marketing strategy. The Jasper Picture Company is here to help with all of your Melbourne video production needs! Book a call now so we can provide you with the best service that will ensure your content is seen and adored.
It’s a marketing video’s world, and we’re just living in it. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to window-shop the Nike runners I was shown in a sponsored Instagram video.